To make Singapore a Smart nation, the government is using digital innovation to transform the way we live, work and play.
These are some of the many government-developed apps that you should definitely install on your devices!
Ever had a municipal issue at hand but have no idea which government agency is responsible for the problem? This is when the OneService app comes in handy!
The OneService app was first developed to serve as a one-stop community platform that can meet every resident’s diverse community needs. Together with partner agencies, town councils and the industry, the Municipal Services Office (MSO) can better tackle municipal issues efficiently through the app.
- Submit Case – Allows residents to submit any municipal feedback by selecting a relevant category, upload a photo of the issue and a short description of the problem
- What Say You? – This survey tool grants residents the ability to share their views on anything related to their living environment to authenticated digital polling
- Book Facilities – Here, residents can easily search, book and enquire about using spaces such as function rooms, multi-purpose halls, workshop rooms or outdoor playfields to host events
- Start Parking – This feature connects motorists to the Parking.sg app where payment transactions will be seamlessly made
- Find Parking – Motorists can use this feature to locate nearby car parks
2. The Parking.sg
Remember all the times when you had to circle the car park multiple times but still fail to find an empty lot? Or when you realise you are out of paper coupons at the very last minute and the nearest 7-Eleven is at least a few kilometres away?
Now, with the Parking.sg app, vehicle owners can park conveniently and pay for short-term parking charges without paper parking coupons. This alternative mode of payment allows users to manage the A to Zs of parking through just a few clicks without much hassle.
- Automatic calculation of parking fees – Users are to key in vehicle number, select car park location and select parking duration for fares to be calculated
- Digital payment – Credit and debit payment are accepted
- Track, extend or end an existing parking session – This allows users to easily track time, extend the session and end the parking session early where the refund will be made digitally
- Notifications – Users can turn on notifications where an alert is sent out 10 minutes before a parking session is expires
3. Dementia Friends
As part of the Dementia-Friendly Singapore movement, the Dementia Friends app aims to build a more caring and inclusive society for people with dementia and their caregivers. Leveraging on technology and social media platform, the app seeks to inform and share dementia-related knowledge, resources and support to everyone involved.
- Dementia Friends Guide – This guide section educates users on matters like signs and symptoms of dementia., financial schemes and resource kits available
- Get Up-To-Date with Events – Any upcoming dementia-related events and talks are updated here
- Nearby Go-To Points (GTPs) – GTPs are touch points located in the community that provides useful dementia-related resources and doubles as a safe return point for lost persons with dementia
- Lend a Helping Hand – Should a loved one with dementia goes missing, caregivers can notify other users to help keep a lookout
- Recent Sightings – Other users can provide location updates to help reunite the missing person with their caregivers if they happen to find them
4. NLB Mobile
Imagine having a personal library you can access anytime and anywhere! The NLB Mobile app is where users have amazing content available at their fingertips. From eBooks, audiobooks, newspapers to eMagazines, this app offers it all.
- Borrow and read/listen – Easily borrow e-resources online or borrow library items via the app instead of at physical borrowing stations
- Transact – Payment of outstanding fees and fines, reservation and renewing of existing loans can be completed on the platform
- eCard – Instead of using identification cards, the eCards can be used to borrow library items, collect reserved materials, complete payments and more
- Search, share and recommend titles – Users can search the entire library catalogue, bookmark any favourites and share their opinions about any title on social media platforms
- Locate libraries and events – Swiftly get directions to nearby libraries and search and register for upcoming events
One of the most focused advancements includes the onslaught of community-based apps that are meant to respond to our needs digitally. With these apps, society can now harness digital technologies effortlessly while transforming Singapore through technology.