Follow along as plant-based restaurateur Mansi (psst, check out her vegan journey here!) demonstrates a simple, healthy, and refreshing recipe – Vietnamese Summer Rice Rolls with Peanut Dip!
This recipe can be easily prepared in under half an hour and makes for a tantalising appetiser or midday snack. Better yet, this recipe is as versatile as it is simple – mix up the ingredients based on your preferences, and enjoy a different iteration each and every time.
Looking to share the load? This is also a great recipe to make into a family activity. Simply prepare all the required ingredients, and lay it out for the whole family to assemble and enjoy!
Vietnamese Summer Rice Rolls
- Rice paper
- Filling* (Used here: Cucumber, mint leaves, tofu, red pepper, carrots, and lettuce)
*Filling can be substituted with any ingredient of your choice. Suggested toppings include mock meat, tempeh, celery, etc.
- Peanut butter
- Light soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Slice all filling ingredients into thin strips
- Soak the rice paper in water
- Let excess water drip off and lay the rice paper on a flat surface
- Place your choice of filling ingredients on top of the rice paper, starting with the lettuce and ending with the more colourful ingredients
- Roll up the rice paper like a burrito and plate accordingly
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top for garnish
- For the peanut sauce, simply mix all the ingredients together, adjusting to taste.
This is a prelude and the first part of an introduction to TheHomeGround Vegan Channel. Over the coming months, we will be releasing additional content about vegan lifestyles and introducing resources for rookies and established vegans alike.